Activation, experimentation, and transformation
This first class of O'Neill leaders will take part in programming and support tailored to the needs and interests of students from historically excluded groups. This program is in the spirit of activation, experimentation, and transformation.
- We aim to activate students by empowering them to develop affinities and student organizations, take part in career and support resources, and take their O’Neill experience into their own hands.
- We aim to experiment with programming to figure out how to best celebrate and support students for the upcoming academic year.
- We aim to transform O’Neill and the world as a whole, making it a more just and equitable place just by virtue of us thriving here.
Planned programming, events, and benefits
- Opening and closing receptions to celebrate our community.
- Join the Activate student council to advise the dean’s office, the Office of DEI, and plan for Activate social events.
- Incentives and support to create affinity groups and student organizations: consulting, project management training and tools, leadership training, priority resource allocation, administrative support, and funding assistance.
- Peer and staff support from the Office of DEI, including academic and personal support.
Programming is subject to change based on number of applicants, student interest, and approval.