Thomas A. DeCoster served as the Founding Director of the Indiana University Executive Education program, a position he held for more than 25 years. His is also the Founding Director of the Indiana Hospital Association Management Institute. Dr. DeCoster has served as the Executive Director of the American Association of State Highways and Transportation Organization’s National Transportation Leadership Institute for more than 30 years. Dr. DeCoster has conducted seminars for more than 100,000 professionals from the Federal Highway Administration, the U.S. Department of Transportation, and 41 Indiana hospitals and has also led seminars for senior state transportation managers from around the country. His seminars focus on change leadership, strategic leadership, team dynamics, personal productivity, and the challenges of leading a multi-generational work force. He has conducted seminars in China, Venezuela, Nigeria, Mexico, and the Dominican Republic and is an active keynote speaker who has made over 50 speeches to major professional associations in the past five years.
- Ph.D., Economics, University of Notre Dame, 1969
- M.A., University of Notre Dame, 1968
- B.A., St. Benedict’s College, 1963
- Partner, London Witte & Company, LLP, February 2007–present
- Executive Director, AASHTO National Transportation Leadership Institute, 1968–present
- Founder and Director, IU Executive Education
- Senior Consultant, Management Development, Inc.
- Board Member, St. Mary’s Child Center (2011)