Sponsored by the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials as a follow-on to the National Transportation Leadership Institute and consistent with its mission to be a catalyst for organizational and technical excellence, the NATLI is dedicated to the development of a cadre of executive-ready senior managers to fill executive positions as they occur.
- Recognize methods of transportation policy formulation through simulations and analysis. Identify policy-related challenges and opportunities through interaction with political leaders and legislative staffers.
- Develop working knowledge of executive leadership competencies through discussions with experienced transportation executives.
- Develop competencies related to strategic knowledge and “capacity to influence” people, events, and the organization using applied techniques.
- Identify personal executive level development needs through self-assessment.
- Recognize the opportunity to benefit from mentoring from faculty and senior executives to create a path leading to executive transportation related positions.