Our mission is to serve our community by educating individuals to be thoughtful public servants, whether serving in governments, nonprofits, or the private sector. We bring together a diverse set of students, faculty, and community leaders to engage in innovative learning and student experiences to connect cutting edge research to practical workforce skills.
- We seek to serve the community by connecting the networks of public, nonprofit, and private organizations that benefit society, particularly the Indianapolis region and the state of Indiana.
- We seek to support a diverse student body in realizing their goals by:
- Providing affordable and accessible, yet rigorous education in public affairs,
- Providing opportunities to current and potential students from underrepresented populations, and
- Bringing students with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and career objectives together to serve a diverse community.
- We seek to inform knowledge, practice, and policy by:
- Using knowledge and experience to develop practical workforce skills,
- Engaging in the policy process by connecting students with community organizations and by disseminating faculty research to decision makers, and
- Transforming classroom and community experiences into applied public affairs careers.